We have all heard the saying “we must give love, to receive love. Some may brush this off thinking it is just another corny quote of failed self help. However it is actually beneficial to ourselves and the community and here is a list why:
- When you help someone, they are more likely to help you.
- Karma- when you are a good person, good things seem to happen to you.
- Helping others is a great confidence booster.
- The simplest gesture can make an awesome impression.
- Hiring managers look favorably on volunteer work and many acceptance committees use it to separate similar candidates.
“No one has ever become poor by giving”-Anne Frank
I think in order to live a longer, healthier, and fulfilling life you should do everything your doctor tells you to do, and then go out there and share your time and love with people who need it.